Philippines Angeles Mission POB 30150 Salt Lake City UT 84130-0150

Sunday, October 21, 2012

10-21-12






Monday after we emailed we went to Bugnan with some of the YSA in the branch and the Dingalan elders. We spent our entire P-day there and then went to President Riparip's house at 6:00, it was his birthday. We played silly games and ate sopas. I asked why Filipino's eat hot foods like gotlog and sopas in such a hot country, nobody could answer my question. They didn't know
Tuesday kind of sucked, ever since conference I really had no desire to work, I just wanted to keep watching Conference. RJ worked with us, and President Harolds wife Ruth worked with us. 
I told her we would meet at our apartment at 2:30, then we would go ahead of her to an appointment and she would meet us at their neighbors home where we would teach another lesson (she's not allowed to work side-by-side with missionaries because she's a girl, but she is allowed to meet us at someone's house.) So she texted us at 2:50 and said 'ppnta nq' (I'm on the way). She showed up at 3:15. We also started teaching Nanay again, her 102 yr old mother died last week. She talked about what happened in the days and hours before her mother’s death, it was really kind of scary. She was telling us that her mom saw weird spirits in the house and all kinds of witchcraft, but she was 102, there's a pretty good chance her body and brain wasn't functioning at 100% capacity.
Wednesday Elder Bustillo made the best adobong baboy (
marinated pork) ever, it was really matamis (sweet) but he added a bell pepper, so it was a bit spicy. I could have eaten all day it tasted so good. This afternoon we taught a family  about the Atonement and they said they'd come to church this week! Then in the afternoon I was feeling kind of sick and a bit lethargic, so when we got home I went right to sleep. Hoy naku! (My goodness) What a day. 
This morning we had interviews with the mission president, and now everything has changed. I talked with him and it was great, but then he asked me about Elder Bustillo and I said he's great, I love being his companion. Then he said 'how's your district doing? Elder Bustillo might be needed in another area.' So then he interviewed some other elders, and after everyone he called Elders Bustillo, Kaanui, Tumala, me, and the zone leaders. He mentioned that an emergency transfer would be happening immediately, Elder Tumala would be my new companion and Elder Bustillo would be transferred to Bongabon City.
 Also we were the 5th emergency transfer he's had to do this month. So Elder and Sister Lutz drove us to Gabaldon and Elder Bustillo packed, then Elder Tumala moved in to be my new companion. Friday was even better. The Zone Leaders needed me to do an interview in Palayan, so Elder Andrus worked in Gabaldon with Elder Tumala. I did 3 baptismal interviews in Palayan.
Saturday wasn't too bad, we waiting in the morning for Elders Andrus and Tumala to come to Palayan so Elder Tumala and I could go home, and the two of us worked in Bugnan. There was not a person in Bugnan who believed that Bustillo got transfered, because every time we have an exchange that's what we tell them. So really it’s our fault. Then Nanay G got mad at me because she just automatically assumed I was fighting with Elder Bustillo so that’s why he got transferred.
Sunday was Elder Tumala's birthday, and we got punted everywhere we went. Then we ended the day with sopas at President Someras house, and the 2nd counselor in the branch, Loreto Garcia, announced that he and Jennylyne DeLosSantos, the primary president, would be getting married. Nobody that was there believed them; even now it’s hard to take in. Sa bagay
(in matters) , the're both young and Jennylyne just got back from her mission last march.
Anyway my time is up so I’ll talk to you next week. 
I love you!
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif




No comments:

Post a Comment