Sorry to all of you faithful blog followers that did not get a new post last week. Elder Williams had a tooth filling fall out and had to visit the dentist last week and have it refilled. This caused his email time to be 5 minutes and only really had time to email Pres Martino.
hey I'm back from the dentist everything went great and there's no problems but I only have time to write to President Martino. Next week I'll recap everything from last week and this week na darating. I love you!
Monday was my last P-day with Elder
Abuan. Nakakalungkot naman (Sadly again)... I went to the dentist to fix my tooth filling; I was
super impressed with the dentist office! Based on my experience in this
country, I expected an old, dusty office with a brother chair and leather
straps to hold me down. But it was really awesome! The entire place was clean
and professional, and the dentist even had a tiny camera and showed me all my
teeth! After that we went to the mall, but neither of us bought groceries
because transfers are coming up.
Tuesday was a pretty average day; we
worked pretty hard considering transfers were Wednesday. In the morning we
taught an old retired guy who is less active and he just preached to us from
his weird bible. He doesn’t understand a word of English. After that we ate
Litson Manok for lunch on the terrace in our apartment. After that, we taught an investigator at his new house (he moved last week and didn't tell us). Then we
came home and planned for tomorrow and I was up until 12:00 washing my clothes,
but it wasn't that bad. It's the closest I can get to running by myself so it’s
fine with me
Wednesday was transfer announcement!
This morning we played basketball with the Dingalan Elders and some punks at
the high school who kept asking us for lighters so they could smoke. While we
were showering the ZL's called and announced transfers over the phone. Elder
Abuan got transferred to my old area in Kaptian Pepe, and my new companion is
Elder Bustillo. Elder Rabino's new companion is Elder Montierth, my ka-bahay (my home) in
Cabanatuan! So we said goodbye to all the members and got home around nine,
even though our goal was to get home around 6. It’s amazing, last time we were
companions he wasn't even 1 year in the mission, now he is basically pauwi na
(almost home). He might be going to his last area.
Thursday we left Gobaldon around
6:30am for Cabanatuan, where we met all the other missionaries transferring to
other areas. I spent a lot of time talking to Elder Johnson, we were nagka-zone
in cabanatuan. About 9:00, the missionaries going to the other side of the
mission got on a bus and left. Everyone coming from Tarlac should have been to
Cabanatuan around 11, but they didn't show up until 12. Then I met Elder
Bustillo, my new companion. He came from Paniqui Zone on the other side of the
mission, and he's been here 4 and 1/2 months. I like him but he is masyadong
tahimik. (very quiet) On the way home we were sabay-sabay (simultaneously) with Dingalan Elders. I forgot how much Elder Montierth
likes to talk but that is not a bad thing. When we got home, we ate dinner at President Someras house.
After nightly planning, Elder Bustillo went right to sleep. nakakapagod kasi
mag-byahe (tedious because to travel)
Friday we worked in Bugnan to invite
people to the baptism. I found out Sister Marivi's maiden name is Bustillo,
literally EVERYONE we talked to asked how they were related. I told Elder
Bustillo to bring his camera, and he was a little reluctant because his last
area was bukid (field) also. But then he saw the river rafts and was amazed!
Saturday was such a good day I didn’t
even want to speak tagalog because I couldn’t express how happy I was. We had
the baptismal service for 3 people. We took a Filipino tractor
towards the mountains in Bugnan to some incredibly blue water. After the actual
baptismal ordinance, they shared their testimonies and one of the baptismal candidates started crying!
Sunday we had a record high 90
people come to church! My first week we were only at 57. Then we had some
meetings, choir practice, and worked a little bit. Elder Bustillo is still
really confused about the area, but he'll figure it out. To end the day we had
sopas at our branch president’s house. Last night was the first time I ever saw
Elder Bustillo express any emotion. Maybe he's just shy because it’s a new area.
Mahal Kita
Elder Williams
thats a filipino version of a tractor. people use them in their bukids
and if you're walking down the road and you see one going your way its
totally cool to get on the back and makisakay (hitchhike) with him.
No comments:
Post a Comment