Philippines Angeles Mission POB 30150 Salt Lake City UT 84130-0150

Monday, April 2, 2012

9 months






ang saya-saya namin!! (don't translate that, it will say something like 'fun fun'). it means something along the lines of "we are so happy" which sounds awkward in english but makes perfect sense in tagalog. it actually was the best week i've had in a long time. Tuesday elder basilan started leading the area because it’s our last week together and he is in charge. I did the same thing with elder casilac, it’s a lot more fun as the trainer. Tuesday night we went to the zone leaders house to sleep because i had the meeting on Wednesday in tarlac. I am uploading pictures right now to windows explorer for you to see. Wednesday was so much fun, the meeting we had was a really good time and then we ate at McDonalds afterwards. Around 7 the bamban elders were supposed to come to our house but didn’t show up until 9, I thought they walked but it turned out they worked late and then took a motorcycle. I was seriously worried because they said they were walking but took forever.

Thursday we worked in baracbac, and usually we take a bus but today we walked. I have a couple videos and some pictures of our trek; it was really interesting because nobody really knew where we were going. Today was also the first time it set in that I am actually leaving this week. I might never go back to that place ever again.\
Friday elder bell and I worked in san clemente, and did a lot of work. Then we had a dinner appointment, and they basically got mad at me because we haven't been eating at their house every night. I guess here it is cool if you ask someone to come over and eat, but in America, it looks bad when you invite yourself over to dinner. i wish i would have known that 12 weeks ago, we would have saved tons of money
On Saturday, i thought it was going to suck, but napakaganda pala ang araw! elder bell and i caught a ride with the Roberts to bamban so we wouldn’t have to pay for a tricycle and could hang out while the Roberts did house checks. Elder Basilan was angry the second i saw him, but it had been 24 hours since I talked to him, I could not have possibly done anything to make him angry. i later found out he was mad because one of the members thought he just wanted to go to bamban instead of eating at their house, but we had exchanges planned way before the dinner appointment. So it was just a misunderstanding. he wasn’t actually mad at me, but still in a bad mood. So during lunch i told funny stories and made jokes (like hiding his shoes in our food storage) to make him cheer up. Then I gave a workshop to our branch missionaries, and it went much better than expected. I could be elder basilans companion forever if every day was like today.
Sunday was my last Sunday in san clemente, but I’m not too sad about it, it hasnt quite set in that i'll be leaving. Later on Sunday evening we went to the Narne's for FHE (I’ll send pictures) and it was definitely my last day there. it was hard to say goodbye but there's nothing i can do about it now.







No comments:

Post a Comment