Monday, February 20, 2012
Over 7 months mark!
This was a pretty good week. We had a meeting on Thursday in Tarlac for all the trainers and trainees. We just talked about the same stuff I heard when elder Casilac was my trainer, but it was good to be there again. Saturday we had three baptisms, I ended up doing all three because elder Basilan's stuff didn't get here in time. Two of them I had to do over because their hair did not go all the way under the water.
natutututoako na mag-ilocano. huwag kayong gamitin ang translator kasi ito ang dialect ng mga taga-ilocos. naragsak ak dahil madi pai ammok kung kailan malilipat ako. ibig sabihin na ayos pa rin ang work namin kasi. natutunan ak met na sabihin 'ana tinagan mo' at 'tagmamano'. ammok met na 'makilabas kami!' ang expression dito sa pilipinas.
dont try to translate the bold lettering. its not Tagalog. its another laguage, ilocano.
Elder Basilan is doing great, our area is so much fun to work in. for the last 6 months I've never wanted to leave. I've been here way to long. the same people at the same bakery give me the same bread every Monday morning on our way to Camiling each monday. The same less actives still don't come to church. The same guy with the red trike takes us to pit ao (a barangay in our area) regularly. We eat at the same restaurant every Wednesday before we go to district meeting. But i still love it here, its just getting so boring sometimes. ELder Gifford showed me some pictures from some of his friends who work at the Sled Shed in Rexburg, they went snowboarding at teton pass and places in the same canyon as Kelly's and somewhere in Montana. I don't know how they did it, but they found snow somewhere. I miss the snow so much
That is super awesome about the baptisms. You will be a pro when you get home. Hopefully you have as much success in the other areas that you serve in. The roadkill pictures are well....fun. Where is Elder Gifford from? How soon are transfers?
the roadkill is on the highway near one of our areas. elder Gifford is from Rexburg. i thought i mentioned that, but maybe not. transfers are on Wednesday, but i know for sure i still have 6 weeks left
WARNING!!! GRAPHIC ROAD KILL PICTURE BELOW!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment